Friday, August 21, 2009

So I might just believe in magic!!!


So it is August. 8 months TTC. In the 8 months of TTC I have not ovulated anywhere near 2 weeks after AF. For the past 3 months I've had a very short LP, around 10 or less so last month I devised a plan. I thought to myself, I've never been like all the other TTC girls, I've never actually been in a two week wait (2ww). I've never had 2 weeks to wait after O to see if AF is coming or not. With that 2 weeks, she comes---like clockwork. Although one or two months my cycle has been thrown off by TTC, she's came. Ever so vigilant, every month.

So back to my plan last month, after reading about LP deficiencies I came across an article about low progesterone. It said to go get tested by your
OBGYN or do the easy thing and count from when/around O to when AF started. Since my OB has no openings until the end of September I thought, I'll try this progesterone cream, it can't actually hurt anything. So the deal was a day or so after O you rub it on, twice a day, until AF should arrive or a nice time length between O and AF (since you need over 10-12 days for the pregnancy to stick if you did indeed conceive). So on top of that I took my B6 and prenatals. I took B6 from about 2 weeks before O to about 2 weeks ago and I had been taking my prenatals. Even though my last AF was on June 28th, I didn't O until around July 22nd or so, positive opk on CD22, so I was able to hold off AF for about 11-12 days after O, which meant my cycle was the longest it has ever been in my entire life (literally) around 38 days. For kicks I took a pregnancy test on August 3rd....BFN and the next morning I woke up to AF (which was weird not feeling any cramps or anything).

So after the World War I of
TTC we had a few weeks ago, I have taken nothing. No prenatal vitamins, no B6, no progesterone cream. I threw away the opks, the digital opks, broke the thermometer and said I gave up. I told DH he could start buying the things when he got serious. So, last Sunday, after a whole whopping 7 day TTC break, he tells me he has a surprise for me. It was new bbt thermometer, ha ha! So I laugh it off and take my temp for a few days.

Then, 2 days ago, something happened. I had some
crampy type pain (ovary pains). I was thinking, there's no way. I'm not feeling what I think I'm feeling. I NEVER feel any O signs and it was only CD 14, I never even THINK of Oing when I should be. Then a few hours later I noticed some cm. Then the next afternoon the same thing. I came home and took an opk (which I had done everyday before just to keep track of it) but suddenly I see it. *2* lines?!? WTF!!!! Around the "perfect" time for me to O I have a positive?!

So DH and I did not
DTD yesterday (the day of the positive opk) and DH comes home to do some research and tells me what I already know, "A positive opk does not mean that you O'd or are O'ing as we speak. It means withing 24-36 hours you are at peak fertility" so we took advantage and got some BD time in. It would be 24 hours from when I got my pos opk (lets hope that maybe, just maybe we might catch it....I know we won't but still). He also did more research and found that there are a lot of good things people say about the 1st Response opk so I needed to get those this time. I did and took one this morning before we DTD. There were 2 lines there, not a positive line but there was definitely something there which still gave me hope.

Even a little bit of
magic feels nice. I have to admit I'm a little excited. I'm sure that it could possibly have something to do with all that I did last month but my point is that I am so excited and happy that I got to feel what all those other women feel, the "normal" ones! I'm still keeping my fingers crossed :)

0 comments on "So I might just believe in magic!!!"

Post a Comment

 

On the Road to Baby! Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez