Monday, August 3, 2009

The first pieces of our baby stash





So this weekend was the silent and live auction for a friend of mine, Amber Johns. She has a very rare form of cancer, EHE and we're organizing fundraisers to help fund her treatment at The Cancer Treatment Centers of America. I just found out today that we raised about $20,000! It is amazing!

So there was one thing in the silent auction that I had my eye on, it was a baby set and a monogramming package. I bid on it, then outbid someone on it, and won! I was so excited. I thought that my mother (who was there with my father) was going to have something snide to say because we aren't pregnant but she didn't. People from her work were there so for a while I was looking for somewhere else to sit instead of her table because I didn't want her friends to think I was crazy; didn't want to embarass her but she waved us over and wanted to see what all I had. She said she loved the stuff, she even wanted the blanket! She even told a story about when I was little and I had a best friend, Adray. Only Adray wasn't real, ha ha! After she told the story she told her friend, "Now ask her what she's going to name her daughter if she has a little girl" and I said "Adrianna, I got the idea from Adray, now only she'll be real one day!"

It made me feel good and oddly enough I didn't feel like a weirdo at all, even though most people who are TTC start a baby stash, to people who aren't TTC or don't have problems getting pregnant, I'm sure it seems a little strange to be buying things for a baby you don't have. But after all, all the proceeds went to charity anyway :)


0 comments on "The first pieces of our baby stash"

Post a Comment

 

On the Road to Baby! Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez